Wednesday, April 22, 2009

day 10 - kill me now

woke up again at 3 am with urgency and pain and stayed up. decided not to go to work. spent the whole day sick or passed out on the couch. worst day ever. i don't think i've ever called out for UC before, but I just couldn't bear it today. ate yogurt and applesauce, and chicken soup. Bananas later in the day. considered going to the hospital but realized there was probably nothing they could do either.

calmed down in the evening, and went to dietician appointment with spouse. expressed my frustration and anger. felt bad because it was totally out of her scope. she suggested counseling. wondering if i should see another GI, but don't really want to. My GI understands that I don't want to use steroids. can't let one bad day throw a wrench into my long term plans. SCD for 3 months, if no improvement, ask for cortifoam or something. there's gotta be an alternative to oral steroid medication that prob has fewer side effects and won't adversely affect my diabetes control. Caught between Scylla and Charybdis

No comments: