Friday, June 26, 2009

remicade part 2

yesterday's remicade infusion was completely uneventful. Hubs came along to see everything, read the PI and watch me get hooked up. There was another patient that came in toward the end for her infusion. She's been on Remicade since last July and has been having a great experience with it. She was very sweet and we chatted a bit. When I was done and they removed the IV, we held pressure on the vein for about 10-15 min, made sure the bleeding stopped, then i was on my way with no drama.

Doc says bloodwork looks good, and the tiredness may be due to being slightly anemic. They gave me some iron supplement (yaaay free samples!) and said it'll probably resolve itself now that the GI bleeding is stopped (thanks remicade!). I'll be tapering off the pred now, which is awesome, and scheduled my upcoming doc visits and next two infusions. Next month is my last of the 3 induction doses, then I'll be on the 8 week schedule. I go on sept 16th, and fly to FL on the 17th for my anniversary trip with the hubs. It's a really nice thing to look forward to.

I like that everything is finally scheduled too... I feel like I have a plan and I'm in control again. sure, i'll be in the doc office and the lab once a month, but it's better than losing entire days here and there randomly.

i'm totally wiped out today, i woulda loved to stay home. but i had a presentation (it went really well). got plans with sis tonight, mom and the fam tomorrow to see my uncle's stand up gig, but i think sunday I'll make a date with the bed, and the cat and my knitting :)

No comments: