Friday, June 12, 2009

NIN songs I wish they played

19 songs wasn't enough, and I knew Hurt would be the "encore." I've seen them a few times, so some of these I've already seen live, but they just fit this moment of my life.

i was swimming in the hate now i crawl on the ground.
and everything i never liked about you is kind of seeping into me.
i try to laugh about it now but isn't it funny how everything works out.
"i guess the joke's on me," she said.
...
i used to have something inside.
now just this hole it's open wide.
used to want it all.
i used to be somebody.
(Down in It)

I don't know what I am I don't know where I've been
Human junk just words and so much skin
Stick my hands through the cage of this endless routine
Just some flesh caught in this big broken machine
(Happiness in Slavery)

he flexed his muscles,
to keep his flock of sheep in line,
he made a virus,
that would kill off all the swine,
his perfect kingdom,
of killing, suffering and pain.
demands devotion,
atrocities done in his name.
(Heresy)

don't you tell me how I feel
you don't know just how I feel
I stay inside my bed
I have lived so many lives all in my head
don't tell me that you care
there really isn't anything now, is there?
(I do not want this)

I am the bullet in the gun
and I control you
I am the truth from which you run
and I control you
I am the silencing machine
and I control you
I am the end of all your dreams
and I control you
(Mr. Self Destruct)

The echoes in my eyes
Of all they used to see
Burning down the world
The ashes and debris
And all that's left of me
(Non-Entity)

Theres nothing left for me to hide
I lost my ignorance, security, and pride
I'm all alone in this world you must dispise
I believed your promises, your promises and lies!
...
My head is filled with disease
My skin is begging you please
I'm on my hands and knees
I want so much to believe
(Terrible Lie)

If I could fix myself I'd...
but it's too late for me
(The Fragile)

the clouds will part and the sky cracks open
and God himself will reach his fucking arm through
just to push you down
just to hold you down
(The Wretched)

No comments: