Friday, June 12, 2009

quick thoughts on the morning after my first infusion

my system seems to have quieted down. no gurgling or cramping or that vague feeling of something wrong. there is already a lot less blood, but let's see if it lasts. I've had random good days before.

i have a gnarly bruise from the infusion. the iv was fine until they took it out. they slapped on some gauze and said i was good to go. as i packed up my things, i felt something wet, and noticed blood everywhere. it's definitely the worst bruise I've had, worse than the ION 07 reball shot. pics later :) then again, my skin is so pale, it looks worse than it would on a normal person.

i started coughing on Friday and it's gotten pretty nasty. I had a sore throat, figured it was dry mouth/post nasal drip. Started using the humidifier in the bubble. folks were smoking around me at the field and there was a ton of smoke from the final battle -- that probably didn't help. i got a little wheezy and hit up the advair, but didn't go total rescue inhaler. tuesday at the concert it started getting "productive" and just sounded BAD. people were moving away from me. sis thought it was funny and made swine flu jokes. but this morning i think i'm kicking out all that stuff in my lungs and i'm feeling better, it just hurts when it gets going, it's one of those nasty deep bronchial coughs.

my whole mouth felt like it was pizza burned, so i got some biotene. that stuff tastes nast but seems to be helping. also helping is if i could stop chewing my tongue. what a weird nervous habit. blarg. but it is better today than yesterday. earlier this week it was hard to eat because my mouth hurt so bad. i was like great, sometimes i have no appetite, sometimes i'm just super nauseous, and now sometimes it just hurts to eat. yet i'm not losing weight. i own the most stubborn fat cells on the planet.

woke up with some crappy clammy feeling and nausea, but it was 7 am, not 3:30. woo hoo! i did overdo it last night with cleaning because i had 2 helpers and wanted to get it done before they left. maybe that was part of why i slept through the night and/or why i feel a little cruddy this morning. we'll see what tomorrow brings.

i have some pretty rotten back pain today, but i think it's from lifting too much yesterday, because i am a stubborn idiot. house looks great though and smells much better.

i got soooo freaking tired at work yesterday. i felt fine after the infusion, did some quick food shopping, grabbed lunch, and went to work. but at 4 pm, it was like a bodyslam from the sandman. but i loaded up on cookies and diet coke and made it home. i'm kinda feeling that way this morning, i'm awake, but i feel ready to go back to sleep. if it gets too bad, i'll go home. or take a nap. my biggest fear is getting it a stupid car accident from falling asleep on the road. 287 is a death highway on a good day. it's like the nj highway system is out to get you everytime you get behind the wheel. i'm not going to survive all this and let some dumbass in a lexus take me out :) besides, i don't want anything to happen to my beloved truck. i should get an oil change today, she deserves it

No comments: