Wednesday, June 24, 2009

i'm so hyper

i had a customer meeting this morning, so i had some coffee. now i'm bouncing off the walls. i'd been using diet coke sparingly to get my caffeine fix (and not crash out at my desk) but whoa, this stuff is like rocket fuel. I haven't had coffee in like a month. like, i had a little weak coffee in the hospital, but the guys here make it extra extra strength. i went from too tired to function, to too hyper to function. i think i need to do a few laps around the building.

downside is i can totally feel my stomach is not happy with this situation, and i've been feverish all day, so now i'm just sweatier. so not the right day to be wearing this suit. I shoulda worn a skirt, but pants were just easier. i'll have to go home and play dress up to see which skirt could go with this suit jacket for next time. and next time i should have better shoes too... my current dress shoes just don't look right with skirts or are too fancy for work. i'm out of crackers, so hopefully this applesauce will calm the stomach down. i did bring bread for making sammiches for lunch, so I could go make some toast. but i don't want toast. I want crackers. maybe i'll just take advantage of the stomach ache and not eat today, so my weigh-in tonight will be less traumatic. This will be my first visit back to the dietician since SickFest '09, and i've been totally off track with eating. No more cheezeburgers for me for a bit.

funny, i was thinking this morning during my drive in how my new year's resolution was to go to the doctor less this year. I'm afraid that i'm a hypochondriac, and having a chronic condition that needs to be monitored is really time-consuming and annoying. instead, i got wicked crazy sick and now have to go once a month to the doc and once a month for labwork. but after everything that went down in May, I'm just happy it's only once a month and not once a week! that was nuts. but what's cool is though I go more often, the visits are faster (except for the infusions, but I should have enough reading material to survive now) and everyday life should be better (instead of awful symptoms stealing my life daily). Plus, I gotta spend at least $2000 on copays and shit this year because that's what I put in my FSA (wish it coulda been more!) How's that for cost-benefit analysis?

Update: There's only $632.20 left in the FSA account. I spend about $115/month on drug copays, so that's 5 months of drugs and a few office visit copays. I wonder why the max is $2000... i'm gonna so go over that :)

No comments: