Thursday, November 12, 2009

5th dose, headache returns

yesterday we finished cleaning the apt, locked the cats in the bathroom before the pest control folks came over, i gave myself my 5th humira dose, then went to the lab to have eleventy billion vials of blood taken. then went to work. it was a busy morning!

last night, i woke up at 3 am with the worst headache ever. i could not find a comfortable position, but eventually, i fell back asleep. until 4 am. i got up, took some tylenol, and rolled around trying to find a good position for my head. i've never had headaches like this before. it's like my whole head is going to explode. i used to get awful sinus headaches before my sinus surgery, and migraines that made the right side of my face feel like it belonged to someone else, but these are way different. there is no comfortable position - right side, left side, back or stomach, all hurt. sitting up doesn't help either. in fact, changing positions helps for a few seconds, then the pain returns full force. it seems to center in the back of my head almost, and wraps around to my ears. my ears feel like they are about to blast off the sides of my head.

eventually i fell back asleep, but i was still in pain when I woke up later. i could barely force myself out of bed. i tried a steamy shower in case it was congestion, i drank some water in case it was slight dehydration, i ate some cereal in case it was just hunger. no relief at all. i took more tylenol and tried to sit still while working.

finally, at almost 2 pm, i've gone from the worst headache ever, to just a normal headache. hopefully I don't have any more, but if i do, at least i'm keeping track.

No comments: