Friday, October 23, 2009

happy thoughts

I just read this great post over at Number Twos about one of his techniques, his Gratitude list. It's essentially counting your blessings, just in a digital format and a little less preachy/hokey than that probably sounds. since i'm inspired, I'm going to try to post one "happy thoughts" a day for a bit.

Most posts will be about specific happy moments in the day. Today's will be long and general because I'm in a generally thankful mood at the moment :) (even though I'm having kind of a rough day).

1. Fridays
2. the internet (UC would be even more challenging without hearing other folks and their struggles and victories in our giant virtual support group)
3. Cute Overload, I Can Haz cheeseburger, and related sites
4. google image search
5. my job & awesome coworkers
6. my flexible spending account
7. awesome health insurance from my spouse's company
8. friends and family, especially my sister
9. my gadgets (ipod, phone, ipod touch, humira pens)
10. that my Nana inspired me to learn how to knit and crochet
11. my kitties and my zoey
12. halloween
13. llamas
14. my beloved purple jeep that gets me where i need to go and helps me bring all sorts of stuff with me
15. and finally, my dear sweet hubby, who finally got a vacation from taking care of sick little me (thanks prednisone!) but spent yesterday helping mollie recoup after her trip to the vet for dental work. she did NOT make it easy for him! I expected her to be kind of docile and sleepy after waking up from anesthesia, but nooooo.... instead, she tried to eat the vet, her assistants, and my husband. and when that didn't work, she got sick all over the place for the 3 hours he had to watch her until I came home. He cleaned all of it and she was a cheerful dancing kitty by the time I got home. but she's so cute, it's worth it.

No comments: