Friday, September 4, 2009

Mystery illness solved!

Turns out I did come down with a strange illness in nyc -- NINfluenza!

Gotta admit, that was brutal, though it is easier to laugh about it now that I know I wasn't just overreacting to some common bug. Seems like it's been giving everyone a rotten time, and NIN had to cancel a show last night due to it :( i got off easy, only sleeping for about 72 hrs straight.

Anyway, I am this close to begging Dr. G to give me Remicade NOW! I am in freaking agony! My colon is doing the cha cha and I'm afraid to leave the house. I went into the office today, and got trapped on a 2.5 hr con call. You can imagine how awful that was. I will spare you the gory details. It was a great call, friendly people, got alot of good feedback on the site -- however, I was praying they would finish, and they kept asking questions. It was torture. a nightmare. in fact, I think i've had this nightmare -- being trapped in my cube without being able to escape.

last night i cancelled plans to see my mom and sis, because i was too tired. tonight i'm cancelling my own plans for shopping, because i just need to be home. I'll probably end up cancelling my plans for tomorrow night too -- i just don't see how i can have any fun getting dressed up and going out dancing with the way I feel right now. I'd hate to get all the way to philly only to have to turn around and go back home. plus, i'm still not drinking, and what fun is it to hang out at the bar, not enjoying any jager or glow-in-the-dark vodka/redbull concoctions?

1 comment:

Rich said...

Maybe you picked up the ol' swine flu!?

As for not drinking, I packed it in totally 4 years ago cos of the UC - best decision I ever made: massively reduced symptoms.