Thursday, July 30, 2009

waiting on wednesday

so yeah, flex sig showed inflammation - either the remi is not working, or i need a stronger dose, or my body recognized the mouse proteins already and is attacking the remicade. fun stuff. so i go wednesday for a double-dose -- 10 mg/kg. wednesday can't get here fast enough.

not sure what happens if remicade doesn't work. looks like off-label humira or cimzia. not approved for uc yet, but are for crohns. tnf alpha inhibitors that are not chimeric like remi, they are fully human. plus, instead of 3 hr iv infusions, they can be administered by injection. i'm the self injection master!

though i am a bit rusty. it's been a while since i was doing the allergy shots, and part of my visit tuesday was a script for Procrit. This stuff must be liquid jesus, because it is so freaking expensive. $2300 retail for 4 doses, shit. anyway, i self-injected 1 ml of the stuff to promote red blood cell production since i'm anemic now. it's a band-aid solution, but if it helps me stay awake and actually live my life, awesome. using coffee keeps me awake, but keeps me locked in the bathroom. not a good way to live.

so i'm working from home for the second day this week. i went in yesterday, but i was so tired and cold all day, i was sooo angry. this morning i woke up at 5 with crazy crampy toilet party, plus the boiler in my apt building turned off, so there was no hot water. i could not face leaving the house. plus my hip is all hurty again, which is really pissing me off. must be all the running and squatting... i should wear one of those pedometer things. i bet i've run a marathon between my bed and my bathroom in the last 3 months. being 30 sucks so far.

maybe i'll be one of those people that spontaneously goes back into remission. here's hoping :thumbsup:

No comments: