Saturday, May 2, 2009

20 - saturday

I was up and down all night. i felt like i got hit by a truck on saturday. according to the scale, I dropped 6 lbs. woo hoo! lol, i know it's just dehydration. but it was nice seeing 197.

i slept most of the day then got up for the wedding. not taking any chances, took immodium and grabbed the always. had an absolute blast! music and dancing was great, met total strangers and had fun conversations. bride and groom were lovely. i hope they like our gift -- i made amigurumi piggies based on the picture on their wedding website. The lady at the hallmark store thought they were cute. i might have to make one of my own to keep :)

I was good about food too. during cocktail hour, DH hunted down things that were legal and kept me away from temptation, mostly :) I did enjoy a few drinks. gotta live a little. I got the Chateaubriand entree, and it was so incredibly good! I could only eat half. In my old days, I woulda housed the whole thing, and the mashed potatoes. as it was, I did not stuff myself and just avoided the potatoes like they weren't even there. I did eat a roll though, because I haven't had freshly baked white bread anything since december. it was fabulously good! i hope i did enough dancing to burn most of it off :) I got pretty drunk off sweet tini's -- peach, peach, watermelon, more peach, plus champagne, gin and tonic, and more champagne. But then i had a kamikaze that was so sour, it took forever to drink and i sobered up. weird. Also, I did not eat any cake. I seriously wanted to, but gave into other temptations and could walk away from frosting goodness. go me!

No comments: