Friday, May 29, 2009

i'm not gonna die, i'm just gonna want to...

so was the theme of the day. a quick visit to the GI to confirm my PPD test was negative, and get the news that i have to wait until the 8th to repeat it to make sure it's not a false negative. dammit! oh well, don't wanna start an immunosuppressant without making sure there's nothing waiting around to come out of the woodwork. House makes that mistake all the time!

apparently aetna is taking their time approving the remicade, but we already got a quote for the copay ($50, treated like a prescription drug apparently). whatever. i got $700 left in my FSA. The copay for the asacol was $50 per month, then the other stuff for the "other direction" was also $50 a month, and was doing jack... so $50 for a drug with some efficacy is a bargain!

I have this dream that next time I get flex sig there's no visible damage. that day, i'm throwing a fucking party!

plus i got a anti-nausea med, apparently designed for chemo/radiation patients but gets used for morning sickness and those ladies loooove it. worked good during the day... then nightfall

night was awful! i woke up nauseous and had over an hour until my next scheduled dose. my whole abdomen was wracked with pain. my kicked-in spot on my left side was extra painful, even to the touch, and felt hard/lumpy. a quick trip to google scared the beejesus out of me. i wondered if it would stop, or if I should go back to the hospital. I wondered if i could take the next zofran early, or if that would make it worse. 3 am is not the time to need answers. i hugged my heat pad and passed out. on the couch, like an idiot, on my hip, so now that hurts too.

*sigh* eventually i woke up again, took the zofran, got in the bed, and contemplated getting ready for work at 6 am. husband came home from being on-duty, and it was finally so comfortable i went back to sleep. woke up late, nauseous again but too early for the next dose. ate breakfast (out of rice milk), ate morning meds, and waited for the doc to tell me if i could take zofran now or if I had to wait the full 6 hours. luckily, i can take it every 4 hrs if i have to, but he prefer if I didn't. good, i'll try to wait the 6, but i'm glad i can take it earlier if needed.

i really hope this flagyl/steroid combo is worth the aggravation. i tested neg for c.diff, but they gave me the flagyl anyway because the steriods weren't stopping the inflammation. i sort of feel like i'm throwing a bunch of drugs at the problem and hoping something sticks. i just wish they didn't make me all dizzy, nauseaous, feverish with no fever, headachy, and generally unwell while they battled whatever they're battling. it's totally hard to work.

No comments: