Wednesday, May 27, 2009

i could really use a beer

today was pretty good overall, but i'd really like a beer. too bad i can't drink at all on this antibiotic... 9 more days. *sigh*

anyway, besides the pain and aggravation, I had my first dose of dealing with my rude, ignorant building mates today since i've been back. my coworkers are wonderful, but some of the so-called "women" that work here take me back to my high school days. they burst in the ladies room with loud conversation. I tried to pause until they left, but failed and made a noise. Which they proceeded to comment on loudly. wtf? eventually they left, I teared up, calmed down the red-eyes and went back to my desk.

granted, farts are funny. part of me thinks i should just shout "my bad!" -- but i'm enough of a weirdo as is. it just hurt because they were ignorant. i'm not gonna waste my time educating them or excusing their behavior. i'll just be happy in the knowledge that there's a reason why they are in low paid, low skilled positions, and one day they won't be young and healthy anymore... but they'll still be stupid.

No comments: