Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I wanna refund!

I wish you could go ask for refunds from doctors. It sucks that if I buy a thing at target, and it doesn't work, I can return it... but if i waste my money and time at a doc, i just have to eat it.

First, i'd ask for a refund from my old old GI, for making me come in every 8 weeks and just throwing more asacol at me. The asacol was useless too, but those drug copays add up to $600 for the year, so that's pretty extreme. so let's go halfsies -- 5 useless office visits and half a year of useless drugs - gimme $400

Second, i'd ask for a refund from the other ENT I saw in March that totally missed the raging sinus infection i had and sent me to a neurologist. He should give me a refund for his copays, the neuro's copays, and my mri copay -- gimme $200

Third, i'd ask for a refund from the urgent care place, where the doc suggested i stop taking pred cold turkey and just take some extra strength tylenol. when i tried to confirm it was just the over the counter stuff, he was all "no, i'll write you a script for tylenol 650" -- it's the same shit, dipshit. thanks for trying to waste my prescription copay too! gimme $10 because luckily that's all I had to pay out of pocket.

i wouldn't care, except you know, i only have $600 in my FSA for the rest of the year. Being sick is freaking expensive enough without other people wasting my money. I anticipate spending $3K out of pocket on drugs and office visits this year, but I don't want to go over that amount if possible! I've spent about $5K on medical care over the last two years already, I know many people spend way way more, but we have really good insurance (and we pay the premiums for it), and i'm not made of money. There's no extra money just floating around to spend on healthcare just because it's healthcare -- it all comes out of the same budget that I have to use for like, food and rent and transportation.

No comments: