Monday, June 14, 2010

hungsea? nauser?

so i have this weird combo of hunger and nausea again. i woke up at 3:30 am with it, so hungry, so nauseous. need to eat, but everything sounded gross. i finally forced myself to eat a banana. then, i was still hungry, so i ate the other banana. they were the best bananas i ever had. then i could finally go back to sleep. i had a yummy breakfast thanks to my husband this morning, and now it's time for elevensies. i'm like a bottomless pit again, but i'm eating a more balanced diet, and so far have lost 10 pounds. hooray hunger-nausea!

ugh, i hate being nauseous at work though. throwing up doesn't relieve it either. and i hate throwing up at work. i took a zofran and am still waiting for it to kick in.

also fun is this weird fingertip problem i now have. it started out innocuously enough last week, just two fingers were a little sensitive. figured i had some little papercut or something that was aggravated and it would go down on its own. of course, those were the fingers i kept stubbing on everything, and it felt like lightning bolts of pain shooting through my hands. but they didn't go down, then every finger joined in. it feels like someone took a hammer and smashed each one of my fingertips. they are throbbing and red and it hurts to touch anything. i can't even like, dig around in my purse for something because the pain makes me want to cry. i am forcing myself to type because hell, i'm at work and have to type anyway. and at least if i'm constantly typing, i'm constantly in pain, so it's less shocking.

i've been doing hot water soaks with epsom salt, but it didn't seem to be getting better. i also had to run a paintball game over the weekend, so my hands took a lot of abuse and looked really bad and infected. so on sunday i went to this urgent care place and waited around for 3 hours. the guy there said they weren't infected, and suggested to take tylenol for the pain. he also suggested that i just stop taking the prednisone to see if it cleared up my hands. um, no. it's prob not a good idea to go from 30 mg pred to zero. i may be a little paranoid about infection because i'm on prednisone, 6mp and have crazy uncontrolled diabetes right now, but i'm pretty sure that stopping pred cold turkey is a bad idea. i wish i hadn't gone to the urgent care place, but i knew it was the only way my husband would chill out. i knew they couldn't do anything for me, but he has so much faith in the medical profession. and at least it wasn't as expensive as going to the ER.

i'm happy i had a med professional tell me my fingers weren't infected, but i'm surprised the best he could do was offer me some tylenol and tell me to put neosporin on it. like duh, i've been soaking in neosporin for a week, you don't have something better??? bah, anyway, it's just gonna be one of those days. my fingertips are painful, i have more painful bumps on my mouth and tongue again, i wanna throw up, and my cat puked on my laundry this morning. at least i'm not running to the bathroom every half hour. hooray fake remission! now just to get off the damn steroids and see if i can get real remission and all these stupid side issues will go away.

No comments: