Tuesday, August 18, 2009

victory!

7 am: woke up, thought it was saturday, went back to sleep.


9 am: woke up, realized it was tuesday, got ready for work. contemplated working from home since i was already late. but i prefer to save those days for when i need a private restroom. besides, if i sit still in a quiet place with no one around, odds are good i'll pass out.

11 am: drifting off at my desk, thought about going home early, but I need to seriously conserve my sick days

1 pm: just have to make it to 2 pm, then it's a half day and I can go home.

2 pm: i don't have the half-days to spare either, got a vitamin water with lunch. maybe that'll perk me up (damn, i miss caffeine)

3 pm: want to go home. want to go home. want to go home.

4 pm: no point in leaving now, i only have to last until 6 pm. grabbed snickers bar (naughty diabetic, bad girl!)

5 pm: snickers wore off, gnawing ice makes me cold. made tea, found organic apple chips in the vending machine. 43 cal and take forever to eat, score!

5:30 pm: day seems to be getting longer. i have a sore throat now, wtf?

6 pm: freedom! according to my traffic alert thingie, 287 should be clear

6:15 pm: maybe this traffic clears up at the New Brunswick exit

6:30 pm: wow, 10 mph, I didn't think we'd ever go this fast

6:45 pm: I am seriously going to murder this douchebag in the honda

7 pm: in bed at last! but it's too late for a nap, and too early to go to sleep. luckily tonight is my last procrit injection, woo hoo silver lining!

No comments: