Sunday, March 4, 2012

resurrection

for an english major, i am seriously terrible at writing on a regular basis. but i should've been writing all this stuff down lately. might as well start now.

well, 150 6mp got me feeling more like a normal human for awhile. then in august 2011 i started flaring again, and the steroids didn't fix it. then my wbc bottomed out, and i had to stop 6mp completely. and a bunch of personal life-rearrangment happened.

now i live in a new apt with my cats, and with my sister and her insane cats.

after emotionally eating my way through the holidays and the start of 2012, i started doing the whole 30 challenge to reboot myself and try eating paleo-style. no grains, no dairy, no beans, no alcohol. i'm not being as strict as i probably should, but it's much better than the sunny doodles and mcdonalds diet i had been following.

anyway, 3 weeks in and my glucose levels are good enough that taking insulin puts me too low. so that's pretty awesome. not feeling bloated and gross, and spending last time in the bathroom. still having some truly awful days, but i'm hoping this way of eating will help the UC. one of the major proponents put himself in remission through this way of eating. in any case, it can't hurt. and it's easier than SCD. damn, what a pain in the ass that was

saw dr awesome on 2/13 - he let me go back on 6mp, 75 mg/day. not talking surgery, which is awesome. trying 5-asa again (lialda - 3 big horse pills a day) and possibly cimzia if i'm not getting anywhere.

eczema is acting up like crazy, wish i could figure out why. not sure if it's from the diet change, drug change, or weather changes. hope it clears up before my cousin's wedding - my dress is strapless

so i'm in the process of unfucking my life one area at a time. first, eating better. next, writing more. soon, regular exercise. i'm ridiculously weak. i can barely keep up when my friends fast walk. plus i need to be able to lift my 500 lb cast iron pan with 1 hand. i almost dropped my crockpot full of delicious chicken soup last week. and eventually, unfucking my habitat. everything is still in boxes. it looks like hoarders up in here

No comments: