Tuesday, February 23, 2010

bad hair days

so on the whole it's been nice and quiet, just a couple bad hours here and there, especially in the morning (which is really inconvenient, but whatever). i'm slowly tapering off steroids -- i'm at 15 now and get to drop to 12.5 on Friday. those 2.5s are so tiny!

on top of all my other problems with vanity, my hair-pulling is catching up with me. i've been really anxious and pulling alot, but the hair is not growing back as fast as it used to. ergo, half my head is almost totally bald. even where i'm not pulling, the hair is thinning. i have blank spots scattered all over. i think it's the pred, or the malnutrition, or a combo of everything, but part of me is just thinking i should shave my head. maybe it'll look better to all come back in together and be one length, one thickness. maybe it'll get me to stop pulling if i have no hair. my sis had a cute idea of just cutting it short, but i'm afraid there's no in-between here -- short hair wouldn't leave me enough to cover the bald spots the way long hair does.

so i'm thinking of shaving it all and just wearing cute hats until it grows back. but i should probably knit up the cute hats first before i grab the clippers.

No comments: